Entrepreneurship in Theory & Practise, (7,5) ECTS
Linköping University, Sweden
IEI – Department of Managment and Engineering
Status: Open for registration
The course comprises these main elements:
- Entrepreneurship in various contexts and situations.
- Evaluation of the potential of new ideas and developing growth projects.
- Marketing and sales of new and different ideas.
- Protection of ideas (intellectual property rights).
- Innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystems: the various kinds of actors, organisations and resources available for promoting the benefits of research.
- Examples of successful and failed firms.
- Coaching of teams to support idea development and the drawing up of ‟business plans”: each team meets with an experienced coach for a minimum of two one-hour sessions during the course.
- Presentation of the ‟business plan” (for commercialization/exploitation) of an idea.
At the end of this course, participants shall be able to:
- Discuss and reflect on the meaning of entrepreneurship in various settings and situations.
- Formulate, develop, and present a business idea for a new firm, organisation, process, or project.
- Co-operate with colleagues in other disciplines and fields of research during idea development.
- Understand how an entrepreneurial approach contributes to the development of ‟me” as a researcher and teacher.
- Further instructions will be sent upon application.
- The course is limited to 20 participants.
- Course acceptance is based on equal opportunity for all applicants; the course recognises the benefits that students with different backgrounds, life situations, and competences offer.
Owner: Magnus Klofsten, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org