Event date 2018/12/01
Orientation course in research method, (4) ECTS
Linköping University, Sweden
IEI – Department of Managment and Engineering
Status: Open for registration
The aim is that after completing the course the student shall:
- Have developed the ability to make well-grounded choices in his/her own research (problem formulation, methods, theories and limitations),
- Be able to reflect about different types of research design and their relevance in different fields,
- Be able to reason about the role of research in society, research financing and position his/her own research in a greater perspective
This is an orientation course in research methodology and is a basic course for all research students. The course includes a general introduction to research studies (previously an introduction day). The lectures, seminars and practical exercises that make up the course are based on four different themes:
What can constitute scientific knowledge?
– How can research problems be formulated and addressed and the research process designed?
– What is scientific publishing?
– How can a researchable problem be dealt with in my subject?(dissertation analysis and presentation of a short paper about your dissertation)
– Course information will be distributed in conjunction with the start of the course with the timetable, course literature and further instructions.
– The course takes equality into account and the resources that students with different backgrounds, life situations and competences contribute to the education are promoted.
Owner: Elin Wihlborg, e-mail: email@example.com