Event date 2017/09/20
Organisational Change Management for Sustainability, (7.5) ECTS
University of Gävle, Sweden
30 October 2017 – 3 November 2017
(Deadline for application is 20 September, 2017)
Objectives and Target group
The objectives of this course are to teach students about company systems, organisational change, attitudes, resistance to change, and how to overcome it. The course will make the students acquainted with theoretical concepts and frameworks relevant for these subjects and it will train the students’ academic skills necessary for recognizing, analysing, and managing organizational problems that emerge in practice from a theoretical perspective
After completion of the course, the student:
- Is able to understand organisations, their elements, their attitudes, and how they in uence and contribute to sustainability;
- Has advanced knowledge and understanding of organisational change management;
- Can recognise drivers, barriers to change, and strategies to overcome the barriers in a sustainability context within the organisation; and
- Critically re ect on and analyse organisations, in order to be able plan change management for sustainability.
The course is aimed at a broad range of PhD students, and the main requirement is that their subject area can be clearly related to organisational sustainability. This opens opportunities for doctoral projects within many areas in organizational change management.
The deadline for application is 20 September, 2017. The application should include:
- CV, including also a description of the current status of your PhD studies (max 5 pages)
- Letter of motivation, including a description of the thesis topic and its relationship to the topic of knowledge integration (max 2 pages)
- Certi cate from supervisor guaranteeing the course fee
- The course fee is 5000 SEK including all lunches, a course dinner and a workshop dinner, but excluding accommodation and travel. Rooms for reasonable prices in Gävle can be found via the Internet.
- The course is limited to 30 participants. Noti cation of admission will be given by 30 September, 2017 at the latest.
For all correspondence, questions and submission of your application, please use the following email:
Prof. Lars Bengtsson, email@example.com
Docent Rodrigo Lozano, Rodrigo.Lozano@hig.se (course manager)
Gabrielle Streit, firstname.lastname@example.org(secretary)
For more information and how to apply